Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Icky Sticky Bubble Gum

This song is great for teaching little kids the names of their body parts. I also love it because you can make it last as long as you need to by adding more and more verses. Any song that lets the kids add their own words is great too.

Icky sticky bubble gum, bubble gum, bubble gum
Icky sticky bubble gum,
stuck to my hair. (stick hands to your hair)

And I pulled
And I pulled
And I... pulled! (pull your hands off)

Repeat verse inserting different body parts (shoulders, toes, etc.) Get creative! Stick the gum to your car seat, the sky, your sister....

Last verse:

Icky sticky bubble gum, bubble gum, bubble gum
Icky sticky bubble gum
Stuck to my mouth.

And I pulled
And I pulled
And I....mmmmmm....(chew your gum)...strawberry! (Kids can add their own flavor)


And because songs are really best learnt through hearing...


4 comments: